What information do we collect?
We collect information about customers when they place an order for products or services and about suppliers when we order goods and services from them. This information may include:
- full name/company name
- address/es (and previous addresses)
- contact names/numbers
- email addresses
- bank details
- VAT number
Using your personal information
Hugh King and Co Holdings Limited collects information to process customer orders and manage customer and supplier accounts. We may share information with credit reference agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions, for fraud prevention and to pursue debtors. If you provide us with details of third parties, ie trade references, please ensure you have received their consent to use their details in this way, prior to submitting them to us.
Who we share your information with and why
Hugh King and Co Holdings Limited works with a number of trusted suppliers, agencies and businesses in order to provide our customers the high quality goods and services they expect from us. This includes delivery companies and credit reference agencies amongst others. We will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies. Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
- In order for you to receive your goods, we work with a number of delivery partners. Again, we only pass limited information to them in order to ensure delivery of your items.
Credit Reference Agencies
- When customers apply for credit with us we will make searches with credit reference agencies. We do this to make sure customers who apply for credit accounts are able to manage the level of credit offered and not committing fraud by providing false or inaccurate information. Delivery Partners
- Hugh King and Co Holdings Limited works with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage some payments.
IT Companies and Consultants
- Hugh King and Co Holdings Limited works with businesses that support our website and other business systems.
How long we keep your information
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by the details set our in our data retention policy. We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 6 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under ‘Using your personal information’ above. The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
What are your rights?
- You are entitled to request the following from Hugh King and Co Holdings Limited, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access: to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it.
- Right to rectification: to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed.
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten): to have your personal information erased.
- Right to restriction of processing: to restrict processing of your personal information.
- Right to data portability: to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form.
- Right to object: to object to processing of your personal information.
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling.
List of cookies
Here you’ll find a list of the cookies we use, what they do and how you can manage them. Cookies are small text files downloaded on to your computer, tablet or smartphone when you visit our website – or any site, in fact – that help sites monitor things like traffic, and help you do things like save items in your cart and return to them later.
All cookies can be managed through your internet browser, but bear in mind that if you reject essential cookies, you may be unable to access certain features on the website. The links below show you how to manage cookies through the browser you use:
These help us analyse how people use the site – the pages they visit most, the times site traffic is highest, and conversion rates, to name just a few things we measure.
- Google Analytics
These cookies collect information about how people use the site – the most-visited pages, time spent on different pages, site traffic levels, approximate location of site visitors. This information helps us improve both the business and the usability of the site itself.
The information is anonymised and we do not share it with any third party. If you have a Do Not Track setting enabled, we will assume you don't want to allow these cookies and we will block them. You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies here.
How to contact us
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information, and your rights to access information we hold on you, please contact our Information Officer, Margaret Gray, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01294 557515.